Exclusions: What’s Not Covered
Some of our companies will not issue a homeowner’s policy to the following:
- A partnership
- An irrevocable trust
- An estate that is currently under probate
- An association
- A land trust
- A corporation
- A triplex or quadplex
Call us to find out more about these restrictions.
Some of our homeowner’s policies do not provide property coverage for damage to:
- Any structure with a thatch, slats, lattice, screen, or similar material roof.
- Solar panels and related equipment.
- Above ground swimming pools and any other structure built partially or completely over any body of water.
- Any damage to outdoor television or radio antennas, including satellite dishes, aerials, towers, masts, and associated wiring.
- Damage caused by a sewer or water pipe back up or any water damage to home older than 40 years old. However, additional coverage for these losses can be purchased separately.
- Any water damage to a home more than 40 years old.
- Open weather structures not attached to the main dwelling, such as pergolas, tiki huts, slat houses, or gazebos.
Some of our policies do not provide personal liability or medical payment coverage for injuries, damages, or losses arising from:
- Pool slides, tree houses, empty swimming pools, trampolines, and swimming pools that are not properly or sufficiently closed off from unwanted guests.
- Animals with a bite history or that are otherwise considered exotic or vicious. People’s Trust Insurance does not maintain a specific list of animals that it considers exotic or vicious.
- Watercraft, motor vehicles or aircraft
Note: For complete information and an explanation of coverage, please speak with an Atlantic Coast Insurance sales representative.